Fana: At a Speed of Life!

Bulbula agro-industrial park to be completed this year

0 742

Addis Ababa, September 26, 2019 (FBC) –The construction of the Bulbula integrated agro-industrial park will be completed this Ethiopian fiscal year (2019/20), said the Oromia Industrial Parks Development Corporation.

The industrial park which is being built in east Shoa zone of Oromia regional state can house 180 investors and is expected to generate 400,000 employment opportunities, said Kefyalew Tulu, CEO of the Corporation.

About 23 local and foreign investors have so far applied to enter into the 6 billion birr park, whose construction was commenced a year ago on 270 hectares of land. It is being built in three phases, he indicated.

The first phase, which includes the construction of office buildings and training rooms, has reached at 97 percent completion status. The second phase, which comprises construction of infrastructure such as road, electricity lines, and other facilities, is now more than 70 percent complete, he added.

The third and the last phase, which includes construction of houses, has reached at 76 percent, he added.

About 80 percent of the sheds in the park will be given for local investors so as to build their capacity and increase their competitiveness at the global market. The remaining 20 percent will be distributed to renowned foreign investors, the CEO indicated.

According to Kefyalew, the Oromia regional state plans to build five agro-industrial parks in the future.

Comments
Loading...