Ethiopia, France sign seven agreements following Macron’s visit
Addis Ababa, March 15, 2019 (FBC) – A total of seven agreements-one public and six private, have been signed on the sidelines of the state visit of France President Emmanuel Macron to Ethiopia.
The French President paid a two-day state visit to Ethiopia this week. He also visited the Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in Amhara regional state.
Following the visit, the two countries signed the following seven cooperation agreements:
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ethiopian Space Science and Technology Institute and the National Center for Space Studies on Cooperation of Space Activities
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Castel Group and the Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC) for the construction of the SOMDIAA maize processing plant
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between CMA CGM and the local MACCFA company for the creation of a joint venture
- Letter of intent between CMA CGM and Ethiopian Shipping & Logistics Services Enterprise (ESLSE) for the management of Modjo Dry Port
- Letter of intent between Meridiam, Global Infrastructure Hub and the Ethiopian Ministry of Finance for the implementation of the Africa Infrastructure Fellowship Program (AIFP)
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Canal + Group and Mr. TEODROS for the Implementation of a Distribution Agreement for the Commercialization of a Pay-TV Offer
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Bolloré Africa Logistics and the local company CLS Logistics for the creation of a joint venture